Some of facts you’ll see here might sound fake, but they are actually completely true.
1. A Banyan Tree near Kolkata, India is bigger than the average Walmart.
2. The city of Chicago was raised by over a foot during the 1850s and ’60s without disrupting daily life.
3. Bangladesh has more people than Russia.
4. A con man sold the Eiffel Tower (almost twice).
5. There are more synapses (nerve connections) in your brain than there are stars in our galaxy.
6. There’s a nuclear bomb lost somewhere off the coast of Georgia.
7. Cleopatra lived closer in time to the building of the first Pizza Hut than to the building of the pyramids.
8. And on that note… The woolly mammoth still roamed the earth while the pyramids were being built.
9. North Korea and Finland are technically separated by only one country.
10. In 1986, two people died during a charity event in Cleveland, Ohio because 1.5 million balloons were launched into the sky.
11. Heroin was once used to treat children’s coughs.
12. A man received the highest honor of service from both the Allies and Axis in World War II.
13. Harvard University was founded before calculus was discovered.
14. Alaska is the most eastern, western, and northern state in the United States.
15. There is more time separating Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex than Tyrannosaurus Rex and us.
16. A park in Austria becomes totally submerged in 30 feet of water every spring.
17. THE MONTY HALL PROBLEM: George is on a game show, and he has to pick one of three doors. There’s a car behind one of them and goats behind the other two. He picks door number one. The host, who knows what’s behind all the doors, opens door number two, revealing a goat. He then says to George, “I’ll let you switch doors if you want.” Should George stick with door number one or switch to door number three?
The correct answer is to switch to door number three.